Lower your energy costs, protect your homes components and make your home more comfortable by preparing for the coming winter weather. Here are a few suggestions to get you started:
1. Check weatherstripping around door frames and replace if necessary.
2. Ensure your landscaping slopes away from the foundation to provide adequate drainage from spring melt.
3. Turn off the water supply to your exterior garden faucets and drain back the water to protect the faucets from freezing and damage.
4. Replace the furnace air filter.
5. Clean your humidifier and replace the evaporator pad.
6. Clean your heat recovery ventilator air filters.
7. Check that your carbon monoxide and smoke detectors are in working order.
8. Always adjust humidity levels to the current outdoor temperature to avoid excess condensation on windows and doors.
With some preparation you'll enjoy a comfortable and safe winter.